Monday, December 19, 2011

Daily Dose - Room for Jesus - Micca Monda Campbell

Ok, before I start this Daily Dose, I'm going to warn you...you may cry. Just saying.

I'm still reading my daily devotion through Proverbs 31 Ministries. You can sign up for it through their website.

So, as I read today, I look at the past posts I've made and I am pretty ashamed at the number of times I see the word busy. The great thing about God though? He starts working on you before you really know it and then you see something He put in to your day and get a lump in your throat.

Luke 2:7 is the scripture that inspired this particular devotion.

Put down your pen and book...and newspaper and let go of the mouse, just read for a minute. Micca recounts a story of her mother...and the first grandchild. Like many people I know, Micca's mom keeps baby Jesus out of the nativity until Christmas morning. Apparently this distressed her grandson. He asked where Jesus was and was told that Jesus did not come until Christmas. So, until that day, the little boy waited with anticipation for the Saviour. This child was excited to see the baby that many people have no room for...that people were too busy worrying about the census to make a space in a real room for Him at the time of His birth. Working with kids, I find that they teach me more about my relationship with God than most adults ever can. Micca goes on to talk about how the adults were all expecting to exchange presents and spend time together, while the first grandson...ran to the manger to see if Jesus had come...and there He was, a baby in a manger, just like God had promised, there sat the Messiah.

If a little boy can make room on Christmas morning and the days leading up to that fateful time, then can't I put aside my baking and doing and cards and wrapping, to anticipate my God? This should be a daily anticipation, filled with JOY! We sang Joy to the World yesterday with the kids, have you ever really thought about the lyrics? It's all about celebrating and receiving Christ. When you hear little kids sing this song...it seems more like the joyful praise it should be.

Micca's closing prayer ends with "Welcome home Lord." I'm encouraged to make that a daily prayer.

So...can you make time today?

No comments:

Post a Comment