Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sparrows, tomatoes and school

Remembering for just a minute...to take a breath and be thankful.

There, that's better.

Today...is not as havoc filled as I thought it would be. I have an exam to take...that I should be a lot more stressed about. I am not :) I have a lot of projects going on right now...and they're all coming together so nicely. Again, not stressed. It is amazing the burden that you give up when you fully depend on God to really get you through.

Yes, I am a recovering control freak...seriously, you guys have NO idea. Many people that read this *or don't* think I am the most easy going nicest person...really y'all? Talk to my sister...she'll let you know. She's known me her entire life and I can't believe she still talks to me. Truthfully, it's hard to live that part of my faith...it is such a big part of who I have been...to always be in control of everything...that letting that go is...both freeing and TERRIFYING!

I digress. So, I click a video Dad posted of Bobby McFerrin *please stop now and look him up if you have no idea who I'm talking about, please...please?* Firstly, I could listen to Mr.McFerrin for HOURS. He is a musical genius *anyone reading that knows me, knows how tied to music I am* He has perfect pitch and such a mind for music...it makes me shiver. This is not a video about Mr. McFerrin playing music...it's from the World Science Festival. Go ahead, wait, I'll let you re-read that. Yes, Bobby McFerrin is at the World Science Festival with a panel of neuro-scientists...yes, I'm completely geeking out *if you really want to know, start a Math and Music discussion with me...and how they are connected to language*

It is amazing to me how happy this one video made me. I then start going to the famous YouTube to find me some cello to listen to while I study and work. I found...many pieces I could not stand. LOL So I'm a music snob too...remember, I'm working on all that ;) lol

I forgot how much I adore classical music...the joy a cello brings to my soul.

I know this is a rambly not so sense making entry...but in the end. I want to share that when you give things to God completely, the joy in life just comes bubbling up (we talked about this in connection group last night...interestingly enough)

What inspires you? What brings joy into your life?

I think I may see about joining a choir again. It's been too long....

1 comment:

  1. My darling Manda.....Didn't know you had a blog until you comment today. I said I know that face!!!

    I will be a follower and loved your post today. When I have time I'll go back and read your previous posts.

    Miss and love you both! Your blog is really pretty. Like what you've done.

    ReplyDelete