Y'all, I got all excited that it was getting into fall. Apple season, pumpkin season, spices...you get it.
In light of all this, I went to the kitchen last Saturday and made this deliciousness that is good for an after dinner treat or breakfast!
6 large apples, chopped
6 dates, pitted and chopped
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup gluten free flour (or almond flour)
1/2 cup gluten free oats
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsps coconut oil
3 tbsps honey
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat bottom and sides of 13 x 11 pan with coconut oil.
2. Combine first four ingredients, set aside
3. Combine next four ingredients, cut in cool coconut oil, set aside.
4. Spread apple mixture in pan, sprinkle flour mixture evenly over apple mixture. Drizzle remaining honey evenly over top.
5. Place on middle rack and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Let cool, enjoy!
It was super quick and easy! Let me know how yours turned out!