Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gearing up...

I feel it coming. Thanksgiving is in two days. This means time with family and some really great food. It also means that the day after becomes a free for all on shopping and any retailer brave enough to endure it.

I'm not one to shop on Black Friday. I did for a while, but I have my list and went later in the day just before the end of the sales. I didn't want any of the BRAND NEW BESTEST things EVAR! Now, I make a lot of the things that we give. It's gotten me out of my creative plateau in many ways most years. Adding things I can challenge myself with.

This year, there's a little bit of a different plan. We'll still be making a lot, but there will be a few things bought as well, not on Friday though.

Little G is moving around more and I'm starting to realize that he makes me a little slower at things that I'm used to doing pretty quickly. I sit a lot more than I'd like. LOL I'm not as quick about things anymore...and that's o.k.

With so many things coming up in the next 5 weeks, I feel like I'll be holding a baby before I know it without really having taken the time to do what I needed to for him. I think that's a normal mom thing though...I think.

The kids ministry is...hopefully going to explode here shortly. Planning for the next 6 months is kind of weird. I mean, we always plan out, but with a big change happening sometime around mid March, it feels like even more in depth planning has to take place. To be honest, I think I'm a little backed up.

I feel more at peace but still behind the ball, which normally REALLY agitates me. Maybe I'm getting better at that control thing? One can only hope :)

B and I are making plans for December and it's getting a little overwhelming honestly. Understanding that we can't just speed down there, because we have to stop to walk around and take a restroom break. Realizing that late nights to prepare other things just don't happen anymore.

I'm hoping and praying that I can be more of a blessing than a Grinch this year. I do not want the season that I adore so much to be tainted by me acting ugly. I want to be a blessing to people I can be, to be a light where there is darkness. I always want it, sometimes this time of year just brings out the worst in people.

I know I haven't really posted the craft things and some of the recipes I want to. Hopefully I'll get that done before the end of the year. Thanks for your patience. :) I'll be pinning all the recipes so you can keep them all in one place if you like. Find me on Pinterest and follow my "My Cookbook" board if you want to keep track of the recipes as they come out.

So, I'll say it today because I may not get to in two days. Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all the people that read this blog and even the ones that only follow for food :) Thank you for reading, I know I don't have a huge following, but I do know that I have a few people that check in. For you, I'll try to make it more often. You'll get more about Little G as we get closer to him.

Love. Always Love.

M :)

No comments:

Post a Comment