Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Daily Dose: A Better Way Than My Own - Van Walton

"The LORD will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me." Psalm 138:8 (NLT)

I'm pretty sure God pours himself into my issues like I pour water into a cup...at least 8 times a day :)

This morning B and I had a conversation about a few things that will mean a lot of change in our lives. ( I know, we had a baby and NOW we're talking change?) Being a bit apprehensive about change, he's a little distracted today at work. I'm also a little distracted and could feel his mood when he left. It wasn't a happy one.

What Van Walton writes about allowing God to plan our lives and stick to it really hits home today. We can both see that God is moving and we both know that He is in control, that doesn't change the feelings we have about what's going on..but maybe it makes them easier to deal with....or put aside?

Honestly, it's not so much that we're not in control, I'm dealing with that better and better lately...it's more the feelings of confusion and disappointment that are getting to me.

This verse though, really just trips me in my ranting and reminds me that it's not about other people, what they're doing or what they want me to do...it's all on God and HIS plan. No other plan. So...now I need to be still and just listen to what He says right? :) Easier said than done.

Father, I'm human and in so many ways I find myself sick over parts of the plan for my life. I can't even think about the number of knots I've worried over. Help me to remember that your plan is the one that I'm following, that no matter what other people say, or do, yours is the plan I'm following. That you are faithful and true to those that love and follow you. Thank you for where you are taking us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment