Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Playing catch up...

Hello there! Thanks for hanging in the past few months while I sorted out being pregnant and having a newborn and then a squirmy wormy infant. (He's wiggling and staring at this toys as I type.)

So, prepare to be bombarded with a bunch of posts I should have made before he came and have been meaning to make since he came. Coming next? Fruit bars. Let me tell you...YUM!

As far as anything else, here are the updates.

Little Mr. Gideon Wheat decided to grace us with his presence on March 8th, though he really really really tried to make it the 7th. 8 pounds and 5 ounces and nearly 21 inches of sweet little boy fun! :) That's a whole different post (his birth story, which will be written here, sent to the email account I made for him and put up on FaceBook, just in case you miss it.) Needless to say, I've been fairly busy.

B and I resigned from doing the kids ministry at church. Though it was a VERY hard choice and something we prayed about for a few weeks, in the end, all the reasons and that Still Small Voice pointed in the same direction. We're still helping out with the kids where it's needed though, I don't think I'll ever be able to not be doing some sort of kids or youth ministry.

B is still working both jobs and planning to take his L2 exam in August, so that'll be interesting. We'll be heading in to a lot of study for him. I see him wearing the carrier while pacing and studying.

Still in the 7 book with the women at group, though I haven't been since the first time. :( It's a hard book to swallow and I'm being kicked in my crunchy hippie pants. (Yeah, don't ask) The book has not only put me up to getting us back on a cleaner eating plan, but also a cleaner spending and washing plan (what?). Today I washed my hair with baking soda *gasp* and conditioned it with vinegar *faint* Stay with me reader. My hair is so soft and smells amazing! I used some essential oils and MAN! I'm LOVING it. I did let my hair detox for a good two weeks though, so that might be why I've had the results I have. ;) (I just sniffed my hair). Today I also cleaned my face with a yummy smelling concoction that included honey and baking soda. My face feels great!

Along with the little man came diaper laundry! We are cloth diapering (I recommend this to anyone with a kid in diapers.) Before you get all, "I can't believe that!", "How do you handle the poop?!?!", "Are you hard up for money?" remember the crunchy hippie pants I mentioned earlier. Cloth diapering is much different from the times of pins and rubber pants (though you can still go that way if you like!). My little monster has the cutest butt :) And we're saving money monthly. Did I mention it's better for the earth? And I can use them through multiple kids? And I haven't had ONE rash or rash type issue? Yep, I'm loving my cloth. (Yes, they're my diapers, not his.)

I think that catches us up to now. So, on with the recipes...and cloth talk...and home made cleaning stuff. You're all in for it now! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment