Thursday, December 12, 2013

Daily Dose - The Place Where Disappointment Grows - Lysa TerKeurst

Paalm 23:1 - The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

But, I do.

Right now I have a couple wants that are neatly organized in my head in a list.

Lysa talks about the difference between our expectations and wgat our reality are. I have to admit, maybe more tgan once I've been caught expecting something more from my husband, or a friend or myself...and the waves of disappointment bring stinging words from my mouth and cold vast silence to my actions. The worst part? Usually it's over nothing.

You see, not only is the Lord my shepherd, but he is also my provider. Every thing I have is his to give and to take away. I usually don't have a long list of wants, I've never been one to drrol over the newest clothes or phone...but I still feel as though I am in need when in reality, I'm one of the very blessed to live in the top 2 percent of the world (not the country, please, I wouldn't know what to do with that much money). I'm blessed beyond measure to have a roof over my head, food in my table and clothes in good repair. Our heater works, we have blankets and warm socks. So, why do I forget these things when my desires aren't met? Because, gentle reader, I'm human, and prone to it.

But God.  My God. He loves me, guides me as the good shepherd. I keep trying to remind myself that I need to have enough room in my world for the size of blessing God is waiting to give me, maybe if I get rid of so,e of the want and bitterness that comws wuth it, I'll start experiencing those blessings, what do yiu think? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment