Sunday, December 8, 2013

Daily Dose - Romans 12 & 13

Today, like most Sundays, im just reading through part of a book of the Bible. There is no email today.

I dont know why this particulqr passegw was up in the Bible app on our tablet, but when yhe book is open I tend to just read until God says stop.

This passage encourages me today. I've been up since 3:30, my munchkin and husband both went bavk to sleep around 5:15...I didn't because I was holding said munchkin and was truly uncomfortable. I was also get4ing more perturbed by the minute, going over the previous night of what I wanted and what B actually did. 

You see, I was keeping a tally. A record of all the things I did that should give me some sort of sway in getting what I want.

I know, it's super selfish.

So, at 5:30, with my bundle ofnjiy on my chest and my husband snoring...I was starting to seethe. I was tired, I was wantig more sleep, and hadn't I earned more rest?

Can I remind you that it's Sunday? And these are some of my first thoughts...ew.

The passage is an encouragement because I know that what I'm doing is for God. Every single snuggle, every omlete I make (I finally got up and made breakfast), every pot of coffee I brew...is just God's ever flowin and abundant love, not mine.

Let's be honest, that coffee would be laced with spite if it were me.

I have to erase that mental tally board. If I hold it up to God's (you know, that rugged, blood stained cross) I loose, hands down. Sure, I can brush it off as being human nature, the way God made me...but until I'm honest with myself that it is no way a reflection of my God and his deep change filled love, I can't possibly say that anything I'm doing is loving.

Do all things as to the Lord.

Yes, Jesus. Let every action not be tallied to show how much I deserve, but reflect that action that you took, that time where you followed and reflected our heavenly Father amd his love perfectly by laying yourself aside.

Happy Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment