Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tasty Tuesday - Roasted Veggies

To try and keep myself accountable to the people I keep promising recipes, I've taken an idea from a woman I love dearly and you are now going to be getting Tasty Tuesday! All sorts of recipes to help you get nutrition into your daily routine! :)



Today, my recipe is called Roasted Veggies. Super inspired, I know. :) It's a super simple meal to toss together in a pot with whatever veggies you have in the fridge or pantry. Here's what tonight's meal included:

Ingredients:
5 Golden Potatoes (I also like purple or red potatoes in this, approximately one medium sized potato per person)
5 Mushrooms
3 cloves of Garlic
2 handfuls Spinach
2 medium Carrots1 Yellow Squash
1 large Red Bell Pepper (if you like green, by all means, use that. It makes my tummy unhappy)
1 can Garbanzo beans, drained (you can also use Kidney or Black beans) 
1/2 crown of Broccoli
1/2 crown of Cauliflower
1/4 Red Onion
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 teaspoons Nutritional Yeast
1 to 3 teaspoons Liquid Aminos, depending on taste
Pinch Chili Powder
Pepper to taste

Before you get all crazy telling me it doesn't look easy now, read through the directions. 

Directions:
1. Melt coconut oil over medium heat in large pot.
2. Chop/dice all veggies, add to oil
3. Add seasoning
4. Heat throughout and cover, turn heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, stir and allow an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. (Hint: if you cut the potatoes in smaller chunks, it won't take as long)

It's literally that simple. And you can add and subtract veggies as the seasons change. I like to keep potatoes as the base, but also add in sweet potatoes as they come into season. :)

This feeds a good number of people and is super quick to get on the table. The chopping really isn't all that much. For the spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and onion I use my "Slap Chop". Perfection. :)

It was filling, nutritious, and my two year old loves it. 

p.s. I think I'm staying here for the time being. We'll see. :)

3 comments:

  1. How do I follow this blog or get updates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I follow this blog or get updates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.
    To the right of this comment section, there's a blue button that says Join this site. That's the follow button. :)

    ReplyDelete