Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Cleaning up labels.

Looks like I have quite a few different foody labels. I'll be condensing sometime soon. I have My Cookbook and Cookbook, as well as Tasty Tuesday, and Make It Monday. We shall see how this changes.

Last night I got a whole lot of nothing done because Littlest Giant decided he didn't want to sleep soundly.

So, today I'm going to go by a couple tips that should help me get back on track and productive. These come from Eric Worre's Periscope yesterday.

1. Consistency - Be less distracted and change your focus. Set your hours and don't waiver. As a mom of a toddler, this is going to be difficult, however, he's a kid that is used to routine, so maybe we'll work it out better than I'm thinking.

2. Contribution - Provide value. For people on my team, for people I'm talking to about my products.
It's a mindset about serving others, not about myself or my numbers.

3. Skills - Be teachable and trainable. The best teams are also the most skilled. This will mean watching videos, taking notes and putting these skills into practice.

4. Build Your Belief - What kind of belief drives you? This goes back to a mentality of scarcity. When you have that mentality you act out of desperation, not motivation. Get your head right about when you're doing what you're doing and believe in the process.

5. Hard work - Put in your sweat equity. You can feel as though you're doing a lot, but if they're not activities that benefit the mission, are you really that busy? Figure out what are activities that will further the cause. Work on those.

Notice that hard work is the last one. Not because it's not important, because it definitely is the cornerstone of getting yourself going in whatever business you do. You need to establish those other habits to make your hard work count. If you're working hard without direction, you're going to get burnt out and find that you have no time for anyone or anything.

This is me asking y'all to keep me accountable. Ready? I move fast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment