Friday, November 11, 2011

A few thoughts on many different subjects...

First - today is Veteran's Day. The sense of pride I have in my fellow citizens that fight for this country is huge. The selflessness of the people that put themselves in harms way as a profession. I also can not fathom the dedication required of the wives, husbands and children of the service men and women. I have friends that are in the military and friends married to the military. I'm related to a group of people that have served back years. I think of what it means and am always reminded of this verse, Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:12-14. I am filled with sorrow for those that have lost their lives, but extreme love and thankfulness at the same time. 


Second - I'm taking a step out today. Looking back at the year or so since I started this blog, I see some areas lacking. I know we all get busy, but that's not an excuse. So, I will be making the time I need to for my commitments, for my passions and for my life. I'm so thankful for the life I have and have not been putting forth half the effort I feel I need to be. Here are my promises:


I will make the time in the morning that I need to do the Daily Dose I've been cramming in to the end of the day or a corner that really needs more light.
I will make one thing a month - be it a blanket, Christmas gift or card...I'm going to make something. Creative juices flowing.
I will post at least two recipes a week - my own or ones I've found, tried and love. 
I will get the things out for Kid's Quest on Monday. Not Tuesday, Monday. 
I will post about the meals I am making and put those pictures on FaceBook, just like I said I would.


Yes, there is a bit to getting all of this done on a daily or weekly basis, but this just means I need to cut out the crazy things in my life and be accountable. 


Once I have gotten my structure back and am moving forward, I know everything else will just fall in to place. Thank you for praying with me and for me while I try to make this transition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment