Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Drafts

I actually have two blog posts waiting for me to finish them. One about Thanksgiving (with the previously promised recipes) and one about decorating for Christmas (no pictures as of yet)

So, you know...I'm here writing again, instead of finishing those...because I don't have the things ready to finish them. Maybe that's a project for tonight? We shall see!

Sitting here contemplating the new clothes I was so blessed to get yesterday. One of my dear friends from church lost her mother a couple months ago. Her mother had a boat load of clothes. So, she put the ones she thought I'd like in a box and bag and brought them over. Oh, my goodness.

Yesterday morning, while getting dressed I looked at the clothes that have been in my closet for...years. I don't normally spend money buying clothes anymore...if I do, it's normally socks or under shirts. I was looking at my closet and thinking that a good portion of my clothing is starting to fall apart, I've had much of it for 5+ years. I take care of my clothes and have enough for a good rotation, but after 5 years of wear, it gets hard to keep the sweaters from unraveling. I knew we didn't have money for me to replace everything that needed it.

Last night, I got a box of clothes. Almost all of which fit. So many tops that fit and were just my style. It's kind of hard to think of at the moment. I feel so blessed. I know God provides in whatever way He sees fit...the generosity of a friend, the unknown gift of a stranger. You never know.

I've been thinking about the way I act a lot recently. I'm a little emotional recently and have been feeling the strong discipline of my Heavenly Father. One of my 4 year olds head butted me on Sunday, she was mad...she's 4. We had a time out, a bit of a tantrum and then a good talk about why we don't hit or throw tantrums. Her mother is an amazing woman whom I love and adore and count as one of my friends. When she found out, she brought her back in to the classroom and made her apologize. I felt bad, because I know how sorry my friend was for the behavior of her child. Now...let's go back to our Heavenly Father. Goodness, I just know that sometimes I'm just like that little girl, I throw fits, I am thankful and talk to my Father...but man, when things aren't going my way, sometimes it's the hardest feeling! But, Abba sent His son to take whatever sins I have...and make them void. I don't have to carry the burden of acting up.

The grace that I have been given and am continually given has been blowing my mind lately. That's all. I'm reminded that I am more precious than the sparrow...and that God provides everything that little bird needs, so why do I worry about His plans for provision for me?

The other two drafts will be done tonight. Working on a lot of stuff :) It's all coming together so well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment