Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting on with the rest of the year!

Okay, I have to get it out...OMG CHRISTMAS! LOL Sorry. Have to have a little joygasm for the decorating on Friday. It was pretty stinking amazing ;) The tree is up, the nativity is set on a table and the lights are all over. Stockings are up on the...wall...with care :) I did realize that I've become one of those women that has a "thing". You know how some people collect things? Well, when I had my first Christmas at my own apartment, I didn't have all the little crafty things that my mom kept packed away from my elementary years, I didn't have much by way of Christmas. This realization dawned on me when I returned home from Thanksgiving with my family that first year and there were no Christmas decorations anywhere in my apartment. So, I went and picked out some Christmas. I bought a little tree (as close the the fake Mr.Christmas tree that had graced my childhood holiday memories) and decided on silver and white snow flakes...and colored lights. (Don't start this crazy discussion with me on this post...it's just a matter of personal choice...I prefer colored lights on my tree...and most places around my home...maybe this will be another post...) AAAAAAAAANYWAY! That was my first Christmas. My tree topper was a 7" silver and blue angel. The next Christmas, my grandma gave me a 16" angel with fiber optic wings. She fit rather nicely on top of my big bookcase.

I've added things over the years. It's been about 7 years in the making and now, with the infusion of Brian's Christmas stuff, we have a nativity set, garlands and bows, candles and snow villages. However, in unpacking my Christmas treasure, I found that I have a lot of angels. I have the two from the first two Christmases. One that is a purple wire container and 4 ornaments. Now, this may not seem like a lot to you...but I didn't buy any of them other than the first tree topper (that is now just another decoration, this year we added a glittery gold star!!!)  As stated before, I believe I am a woman with a thing. All of the ornaments have been gifts, the most recent of which from my mother-in-law :) It's absolutely beautiful. The purple wire angel was full of chocolate kisses...mmmmmm...did that person know me or what? So. Angels. And I really don't mind :) I don't want it to get out of hand, I only have so much tree and shelf space. But, I actually kind of like the idea of angels and snowflakes gracing our walls and shelves and tree along with all our homemade memories :)

You know I opened this blog to write about Thanksgiving...I think I need to write  another blog post for Thanksgiving. That's what I'm going to do. I'll save this here...and then write a totally different one for the recipes ;)

So now, a week later and both entries are done. Enjoy! I have another recipe coming shortly for spiced pumpkin cake. It's SUPER easy and yummy! It's kind of cheating but for all of you that are on Weight Watchers, stay tuned, it's only 1 point! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment