Monday, September 10, 2012

Looking to the next 4 months.

The benefit, or curse, of living so far from family/working in kids ministry - is that you start thinking of the next few months a lot earlier.

This weekend we go to LA and visit family we haven't seen since May. I.AM.HAPPY! I seriously start smiling every time I think about it. Can not wait to see my sister. It would be perfect if our older sister could come too. Sometime soon :)

So, looking toward Halloween (which is JUST 6 weeks away). We have Halloween on Pollasky with the church, getting everything going for that. Some meetings, but things are falling into place :)

Thanksgiving will be next, have to figure out what the family is doing for that. Also, decorating the apartment for both Halloween and Fall! Not to mention my cousin's wedding! Yay!

THEN Christmas! Yaaaay! We're singing with the adults in service one weekend with the kids at church, we've got a "Happy Birthday Jesus Party" the 23rd. Seeing where we'll be and who we'll be spending what days with. The big thing is making sure we get everything made and ready to go. I need to start Christmas cards and Christmas gifts this month so they'll all be done and I won't be making them while traveling. Here comes the Pinterest lists! I'm already looking through the craft ideas and food gifts I've been pinning all year. Hopefully, this will make things easier.

We are also going to need to start thinking about what the baby area will look like in our apartment. We'll find out in just about 6 weeks if we're having a boy or a girl.

Whew! That is a lot don't you think? Good thing I have a few months ;) What are you up to the end of this year? Any ideas I've missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment