Tuesday, January 15, 2013

7 - Jen Hatmaker ...and adventure with some amazing women!

It's been about two weeks since we started. Oh.My.Goodness.

When God wants you on your knees, He puts you there. And it can be extremely uncomfortable.

7 is quite the experiment to do, especially with the women I'm doing it with. Them women's group that usually met on Tuesday nights has changed a bit. We have a Facebook group (how techno savy of us!), and we have long distance members! Before we ended our last study together, we decided that we wanted to be more than just sitting on the couch praying and learning...we wanted to be out doing things for the "widows and orphans". No more being inactive in our faith...we needed to get out like Jesus did.

We made plans to go to the Rescue Mission and Rescue the Children. They're super busy (especially since we chose the BEST time of year...you know around Thanksgiving and Christmas. LOL)

In comes 7 by Jen Hatmaker. This is not a book like any other study I've ever done...and I LOVE it. It's real, written in a way I totally love. She's a little crazy (um, hello, we ALL ARE) and some of the diary entries are abruptly different and seem to have little emotional space in them, but are filled with a lot of facts. (I know, that may not make sense, read the book)

This book takes 7 different areas that we, as Americans, have so much excess it's not even funny! The first? Food. For 7 months, we'll pick 7 staples in each category and not use anything else. Well, being the preggo in the group, this was looking like it might be a little harder.

In walks some crazy news. I NEED to change my eating habits even more for reasons very important to my pregnancy. Ok, God, stop pushing. Obviously, He had a plan for me even more changing that I had even thought necessary. I'm thankful that He has be right where he wants me this early in this study...even if it's been ridiculously emotional and made me feel so much life I've failed. I don't think that's His point...I think he just wants me back in His plan.

So, most of the other ladies have picked 7 items to eat...for a month. Many have chicken, spinach and whole wheat on their list of 7. Today, I will be making my final list, it will probably be more than 7, but it will be just as restrictive. I've been eating restricted for a while now, and even when we started I cut out a  lot of the things that B and I were still eating...now I'm cutting down even further.

Walk with me...with us, through this amazing journey. It's amazing what just the first chapter has done in just a week.

I may not have made this all make sense in this post...but I will be sharing as I go. Next month? Clothes. Oh my! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment