Tuesday, January 15, 2013

When I Stray - Lynn Cowell

I've been reading, but not sharing...and maybe that's what's been keeping me agitated and not plugged in. (No matter how few people actually read this thing, it's good to still get it out there right?)

Today's Daily Dose comes from Proverbs 31 Ministries Encouragement For Today email. (as most of mine do :) )

The verse is, "I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them." Hosea 11:4 (NIV)


Lynn Cowell goes on to talk about her continual struggles. As we all have. Though one particular thing she said sticks in my heart, her comment about how God pursues us...no matter how many times we may turn away.

When working through the Bible in a year (ok, it was longer for us) and working through Multiply, one of the things that always caught me was how faithful God was. No matter how often the Israelites or even the Christians in the New Testament might have gone the wrong way, He was right there to correct them and to catch them when they turned back to Him.

She says, "God has a lot of experience when it comes to drawing back runaways." That is so true. How often have I not really run away in the way a small child does, but in the rebelious "I don't need you, I've got this" kind of way? 

I know that a big part of the issues and failure I've been feeling is the fact that I haven't made the space in my days that I really need to with God. I know everyone has this issue sometimes...but I feel like I've been doing it and trying to juggle all my priorities instead of being quiet and knowing that He is God. That is plan is perfect and SO much better than my own. No matter how many times I hear it, I have that stubbornness. 

I may read, but do I make the time I need to to fellowship, worship...make that sacrifice that I need to? Nope. I trying to be better about this. Maybe I just need a little more prayer. :) 

I think I may have to start posting more, at least the once a day that I need to keep myself "sharing" so I'm intentionally making the time I need to...not just reading and letting it just go in one ear and out the other. 

Abba, I'm so thankful that you pursue me. The loving way you will always lead me back to you. In all situations. When I've done what I shouldn't, or when I'm just not spending the time I need to. Thank you for that unconditional heart breaking love.

No comments:

Post a Comment