Friday, January 25, 2013

Don't Yield Your Mind Turf - Julie Gillies

The scripture this morning kind of confused me a bit. Let me share it and then we'll talk.

"Hear, my son, and be wise, and direct your mind in
the way." Proverbs 23:19 (ESV)

Ok, so maybe I needed to read as bit more for this to make sense, but in the beginning all I could think was that I have been trying so hard hear God's voice over the past few weeks that I've gotten frustrated.

But then I read part of this devotional that made me feel...bad. Her struggle was with a negative mind set and remembering every wrong that had been done to her. So, she never really forgave. Though I do struggle with rehashing old wounds at times ( ok, a lot more than I'd like to really admit when it comes to certain people), I struggle more with the next thing that she says.

Its not just the negative thoughts and holding on to what some else has done...its the fear and worry that I let bombard my mind. The past three weeks have been frustrating and painful...at times nothing makes sense and no matter what I do, nothing changes for the better...

I should know better. I know that all this worry and fear can't do anything to help me or the situations I'm facing...and that all that fear can only come one place...one lying manipulative place. Of course Satan wants me afraid, even though in my fear I'll turn to God, I still allow my mind to be plagued...and that give him a little foot hold. One I really can't afford to give him.

My husband, my child and my home do not need that added stress...but yet there it is as I struggle and constantly dwell...no matter how much I may say I'm not thinking about it. I need to trust God in what His answer to my prayers and petitions are...because honestly...there's nothing more powerful against this fear and worry than to cut it off and give that to Him.

Head over to Proverbs31Ministries.com and sign up for their daily devotional...read along with me and then let me know what you think in the comments. Lets discuss what we hear from God through these other women being open and honest with us.

Dear Father, I'm so sorry I pull away when times get rough. I'm sorry that I let that worry and fear separate me from you and give Satan that space to work that he so desperately craves in my life. Please give me your strength and comfort as I walk through these trials that you have planned and that you are with me every step of the way. Help me to reach out to the faith of the people you have pit in my life for this specific reason. Thank you for the blessing of walking these roads with people and You.

No comments:

Post a Comment