Saturday, January 26, 2013

Scripture for today...

There isn't a devotional today from Proverbs31, so I'm sharing the KLove encouraging word.

For you have been called to live in
freedom, my brothers and sisters.
But don't use your freedom to
satisfy your sinful nature. Instead,
use your freedom to serve one
another in love

~ Galatians 5:13, NLT

Use your freedom to serve one another in love. It's something that we hear a lot as Christians. Do we really know what it means though...and when it comes down to it, do we really pick apart scripture to give ourselves a way out of simply loving one another?

I'm told time and again from "older more mature Christians" that we have every right to judge each other. (Ok, so maybe they say "hold each other accountable, but I don't see it done with love and that to me equals judgment of the worst kind)

You see, to me, to really serve in love is such a self sacrifice and commitment to putting your feelings aside. Do I feel like doing this for someone else? Maybe not...and if that's the feeling with which I do something I probably won't do it very well and will serv e out of spite...not love.

We are free...so free in fact that we can turn running from what God wants for our lives and do exactly the opposite. But this one little bit of scripture encourages us to do what we're meant to do. Reminds us that yes, we are free from life eternally separate from God and that we need to use our freedom, not for us, but for Him...for everything He would have us do...and that all comes down to serving on another in LOVE. (Which I happen to think is God's favorite word)

I not saying I'm good at this by any means, just thought I'd share...and promise you that I'm going to try to be better. Pray that God gives me His will and His strength, because I can't do it on my own. And that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment