Monday, August 19, 2013

Daily Dose - Do You Have Enough? - Karen Ehman

"Then he said to them, 'Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.'" Luke 12:15

Stuff. You heard me. Stuff. It's what we all buy and want...but rarely need. 

This devotion really didn't make me look around and say, "hey, I have too much stuff!" because...well, 7 did. This devotion just made me remember that I'm better off without all the stuff that everyone else has. Like, it would be nice to have a car with AC, but there are plenty of people that don't have a car at all. It would be nice to have a house, but there are A LOT of people that don't even have a roof, let alone own it. 

In our financial down grade, I am going to start being very careful about setting money aside, not just for tithe, but for others. Whatever that ends up meaning. I'll set it aside and let God tell me what to do with it. 

Let's call this an experiment in the unknown. 

Since the Stuff chapter of 7 (ok it wasn't called that but I can't remember now and if I don't get this done, I might not be able to post for another 7 or so hours. My tiny dictator is napping...ish.) I haven't found myself dwelling on things I don't have. I haven't ever really been a stuff person. I have clothing that is literally almost 10 years old. What I find I dwell on more is making sure we have enough nutritious food. LOL 

That's another issue though isn't it? 

So, I'm going to leave this here...and we'll see what happens. Remind me if I don't post about it. k?

No comments:

Post a Comment