Sunday, August 11, 2013

Parenthood: An Exercise in Insanity.

My son is currently yelling at things.

He's almost 5 months old.

I don't think he'll ever have an inside voice. (Then again, I barely have one)

We choose this. We think to ourselves, "Self, there should be a smaller version of you and that male person you're so fond of. You know how crazy you are? And how you have words...that's boring! Crazy without words, that's where it's at!"

-_-

I enjoy being a mommy more than anything else I've ever done. (Well, the whole marriage thing and being a child of the Risen King are pretty amazing as well) This little person makes me question my sanity though. Like, on a daily basis.

He was just yelling at the wall, the decals on the wall, to be specific. I walked over and asked if he had a snotty nose. He smiled, grabbed his toe, pulled it toward his mouth...and tooted. (Yes, my dear Gideon, the internet is hearing about your infant toots.)

See? Am I sane? Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment