Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Daily Dose - I Don't Like Her - Samantha Evilsizer

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourself. " Philippians 2:3 (NIV 1984)

The list of God things I'm not good at: mercy, grace, forgiveness and peace. The end.

Boo!

This devotion hits me in the eyes. Let's be honest,  anything that calls out my hard headed, controllig or out spoken nature smacks me soundly across the face. I catch myself sighing as I read and now as I write...ok, I get it! (Obviously not Manda, or you wouldn't be reading it again, and again, and again.) (Don't mind me, I'm just talking to myself)

I'm so guilty of stompig my angry little feet when God challenges me. What was that God? I need to go through this trial? I . Don't.  Think. So. It's not fair! 

Eventually I get it, I am gently placed back in my knees where I belong. Don't get me wrong, I sing and dance in praise and worship as well, but the place I need to make myself the most comfortable, is right there at the foot of that old rugged messy cross. And not just about people and relationships...everything.

Today, as I think about and write the next post, the one that wilk be my Jerry McGuire moment, I pray for a humble spirit, mercy for my fellow Christians and myself. It's a heavy one guys.

Abba, I need you to help me with humility and grace daily. Though I know your views, quite wel, I know ibstill struggle, not with ego, but with attitudeThank you for your patience and love while I work throug being less of me and more of you, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment