Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cookbook: Pasta Bake!

This is one of the good old comfort food recipes I make. It's flexible, I've made it without meat and substituted a few things, but this is the original iteration of my family favorite :)



Ingredients:

1/2 lb ground meat (beef, sausage...whatever you like :) )
2 cups pasta sauce (your favorite, I'll be posting a couple different red sauces I make.)
1 tbs olive oil
2 garlic gloves, pressed
2 stalks of green onions, finely chopped
3 cups cooked rotelle pasta
2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, hold over 1/2 cup for top
4 tbs cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 eggs
2 tbs dried basil
1 tbs dried oregano

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Warm olive oil over medium-hi heat.
3. Saute garlic and onion, 2 - 3 minutes
4. Add meat and brown
5. Add pasta sauce, simmer 5 minutes
6. In large mixing bowl combine mozzarella, cottage cheese, parmesan, eggs and spices, mix thoroughly
7. Combine pasta, meat and cheese mixtures in bowl.
8. Pour in to oiled cooking dish, sprinkle with held over mozzarella.
9. Place in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown.

Serve! I'll put this in to Spark People and grab the nutrition for you. I'll also put up the alternative Veggie Pasta Bake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment