Friday, June 15, 2012

Sometimes, you just have to let it be...

In group on Tuesday night, we're reading through the Multiply "curriculum". I use quotes because, well, it's not really a curriculum. It's a disciple training, training stuff. Yeah, helpful right? (go ahead and pop over to MultiplyMovement.com to find out more, I will warn you, it is a life changing and completely shattering experience. We're on week like 4 and I've been rocked to crying a few times, up pacing at others. It's a good change ;) )

I open with that nutty paragraph to get to the pictures I'm putting up! We've talked about how I'm a complete control freak, and when things don't go the way I think they should, I get really down on myself. I hold myself to these rules that no one really should, it's not the way we're supposed to be. I've been really kind of depressed about a few of my plants (yes, it's minor, shut it.) Usually I can make anything grow, I can get things to flower and fruit like crazy. However, some of my plants have their own little idea of how they are going to grow. I have two hibiscus plants, one purple and one pink. I love them. They're a great source of joy for me...most of the time. This year, my pink hibiscus (the one that NEVER has issues) won't open a full blossom. I have ideas as to what I did that caused this and that just makes me MAD.

Anyway, explaining that leads me to the beautiful pictures I just took of these stunted flowers. They're amazing flowers, just they way they are. Sure, it's not a full bloom...but who cares? The mind of a perfectionist-control freak. I can not explain to you how liberating the scripture I re-read today was. Psalm 119. It was in the context of the Word, however, when I look at a lot of the verses, I'm reminded that if I'm trusting everything to God, those little things that stress me out don't even hit my radar because I'm already trusting that they're taken care of. It's hard to explain. There it is though :)

Without further ado: a few pieces of my garden :) If you're my friend on FaceBook, you can see the photo album containing the first seedlings too :)

Feel free to scroll a little slower to enjoy ;)


















  So there you have it :) Some things are just better all on their own. Monster tomato plants, weird bloom hibiscus plants and all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment