Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daily Dose - 1/18/11

Good afternoon!

Writing while waiting for B to get out of work. read the devo this morning through FaceBook (if you are doing he devo and have a FB, add Proverbs 31, I noticed my email updates were a little slow, so I started going to the FB page, where they upload the daily devo.)

Today's Subject: Do You Think I'm Beautiful?
Verse: Psalm 45:11 "The king is enthralled by your beauty..."

Melanie talks about how we, as women, are intimately tied to the need and want to feel beautiful. That it's something that is part of us from a very young age. Many times this want and need is overshadowed with other duties and other things. We end up telling ourselves to just give up! People tell you to stop, errands come up, you wake up late...you just tell yourself that you will never get that need fulfilled so why try! We know this isn't true, but we convince ourselves. Melanie says, "I think what's more true is this: We don't want to be admired exclusively for our outer beauty, nor do we want it dismissed." We want it both ways...and we definitely want to feel beautiful. She's right when she says that what we really want is someone to see who we really are. The beauty on the outside as well as the beauty on the inside. The whole package!

She then does something very bold...she encourages us to embrace this want, this deep seeded need as something that makes us women. That it is the way God has made us...and that He is the one that fulfill that need.

He sees us in every aspect. To think of God, the creator looking at me and being enthralled by what makes me me...brings a tear to my eye. Remembering the attention I craved from my dad when I was a little girl...even now. How hurtful it can be when that isn't given...and then seeing God, my heavenly Father enthralled by me. He sees me in my room crocheting. He notices when I encourage B, when I help Seth with his homework. He also notices when I do more than run my fingers through my hair.

So why wouldn't I do all of this for the delight of my Father? He sees me and adores me. When setting my mind right, I think I need to look more to the fact that, even though I'm not perfect, I have a Father that looks on all I do and is not disappointed in my efforts but is enthralled by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment