Thursday, January 6, 2011

Daily Dose

The post is going up late...but better late than never! lol

Today's title: Lonely In Families
Today's Verse: Psalm 68:6

Most of the devo today is about the very key word of 'lonely' in this verse. Marybeth points out that her footnote, well a lot of footnotes actually, say that 'lonely' in the Bible actually means 'solitary'. She goes on to reveal the new meaning that she has found in this verse: God puts us in areas that we are not comfortable in sometimes to grow us into something He thinks is infinitely more beautiful. (my words, not hers) She talks about how you may prefer to be solitary, but God's plan may thrust you into anything but. Marybeth has 6 kids and a husband! That is a lot of people all the time!

When reading this entry I find myself knowing exactly what she means. I feel like I'm always saying that the daily devotion convicts me or speaks to me...but I think that may be why God has answered my cry of, 'how do I become like the woman in Proverbs 31?!?!?' with the devotion from the site.

I know what it's like to want to just turn up the music and plow ahead. Just let me control it all from here in my little box and I'll be fine. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't so Type A it hurts sometimes. B has been amazing in getting me to really let go of needing to control so much. In my business life it can be a double edged sword. How much control is too much? It's very hard to want so much to be alone and working and really not have a choice but to do otherwise.

Am I even making sense? I think a lot of women (especially those with kids!) crave just to crawl away to a solitary place for a while and just get stuff done. I'm not a mom yet and I know the feeling! lol Seriously though, no matter how much we love our families and friends, I think every woman would like to juggle her life in a place of peace and quiet. God has different plans for us though.

This devotion really just brings an answer to a question I've heard myself say twice in the past three days. 'What am I supposed to be doing right now that I have been answered with 'read read read'? Well, I need to get back into my quiet place and really make it count...my quiet place doesn't need to be about getting my list of things done though...it needs to be just like Jesus...and this is going to really tie back to what I've said in two different Daily Doses...PRAY! Go to a solitary place (a lonely place) and talk to God. I think I'm getting the message a little clearer. And wouldn't you know, when I hold up all the reading and devotion commitments that I've made, I get A LOT more done? When I don't fill my day with useless internet browsing but actually work on the things that I have on my plate...I get them all done and have time left over! Wow!

So, I needed more solitary time that didn't revolve around my juggling but around my quality time with my Father! And He made time in the rest of my day. I hear a lot of people say that when they made time for God, He made time for them to get stuff done...yeah...now I've done it!

It's freeing and also makes me feel a bit sheepish. I mean, the excuse that I just don't have time...really doesn't cut it for beans anymore ;)

So...when do you take your solitary time? How much time have you given to actually spending with your Father and His Word?

Hugs!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment