Monday, January 3, 2011

Daily Dose

It's a bit late in the day..but I'm here. I've eaten dinner, worked...and now to share some time on the subject of my devotion today.

The title was Honestly

Key verse: 1 Timothy 4:15

Most of this devotional is about food...eating. But it's also about seeking God and His will first. Instead of grabbing for that bag of M&Ms or the container of Jelly Beans...reach for your Bible, open up the pages that will really set you free. I've found that when I do this, I eat better. I'm filling myself up spiritually before even thinking about food. I think I need to schedule myself a little better. I've got so much that I want to do and I can get it done...I just need to spend my time on things that glorify Him...not me. I need to seek Him first and let the rest just fall into place like He wants them to.

If I were only better about doing this EVERY day. LOL As you've seen, I've gotten backed up on other things and not done this every day as I should...and I've had time. I know I have...when I sit down and look at what I've accomplished it's not much...it's certainly not as much as I should have...and then I remember that I do need to rest...but in the right proportions.

Father, I need help. I need to set my schedule and life straighter than it's ever been. I need to stretch and grow in ways that I have neglected thus far. Make me strong in you...not just to beat the things that are holding me back, but to also provide the support you've called me to give. Amen

I'm also contemplating starting "Power of a Praying Wife" which is something that will happen a few pay checks down the road :)

On to talk about other excitements...this is not the place ;)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment