Monday, January 10, 2011

Daily Dose

Written while I eat lunch. A break from the hectic day that I am swimming in. Don't get me wrong. I love what I'm doing, there's just a lot to it. Honestly, I'm thriving.

I failed a bit last week with getting the Friday Daily Dose done...I read the devo and reflected, but every time I went to write the blog or edit what I'd done...I got pulled away. I wonder ? :)

Todays Devotion: Weak Places, Strong Places
Today's Verse: Psalm 18:2a

This devotion is obviously about when we feel weak and those weak places in our lives. Lysa talks about how she hates her weak places and then asks some hard hitting questions about where our weaknesses are. She talks about the fact that God is our shield, in our weak times and strong times. That only He can give up the strengths that we need to get from one situation to the other.

God, I need that strength. I'm listening whole heartedly to that still small voice...and now I need that strength to be a 'yes' person. Dave talked about God wanting us to be willing to make the changes and do the things He has for us...just be willing, God will make it happen. Well, I need the strength to back up all the 'yes' :) I need to pour myself into everything...but first, I need to be poured into!

I do struggle in pretty much all the areas she mentions. We have financial issues, but we can now see the light. It gets easier as you start to really pay things down. I'm struggling a bit with my weight, not as much as I could be, I just HAVE to make sure I keep to the plan and the things I already said I would do. B was so very good last night, when I told him I wanted more salsa he said, "Do you require more salsa or do you just want it?" This totally made me just sit and think and my response ended up being, "Give me a minute to think." That's what I needed! :) Insecurity? Oh yes! That is me to a T...which makes no sense! I can be super secure...then the Devil is in my ear with so many doubts! Family dysfunction? Oh my...you would not even believe if I TOLD you. It's my family though and I love them. I see all these places where I am weak and then I can follow up with the thoughts of where God has led me, where He has given me the strength and He gets it done. I have a HORRIBLE temper, most people have no clue about this, it's stinging and mean and when I get going it doesn't stop. Then I feel horrible...and usually it causes something bad to happen in response. God has been good in helping me with that too though. There have been a couple times when I just couldn't keep my temper...but generally it's ok now.

The application step: Register for Lysa's webcast...there's a link to sign up;)

Reflections: If God is really our shield, are you taking refuge in Him?
Man, that one hurts a bit to answer b/c I know I'm not always that good at this. I'm getting better at really just letting go once I've prayed for something...though there are times that I just pick it right back up again.

In the blog, Lysa suggests that today, you just take a moment to drink in the truth of the scripture. The Holy Spirit is interceding for you, praying for you and filling you. Take comfort and joy from that and just allow it for at least a moment today. I know I will! :)

So...what kind of shield do you use?

M

No comments:

Post a Comment