Thursday, December 16, 2010

Daily Dose

Obviously, it's been a lazy morning for us. ;) Days that B doesn't work end up being that way. It's nice to cuddle and love on my husband a bit. Silly slow mornings are nice :)

Today's devotional: A Call to Action
Romans 14:20a

This devotion is...hard hitting for me. I see myself in the words. It centers around the struggle most women have with their weight and even more women have with food. How we sometimes seek comfort and peace in that chocolate bar or in the extra serving of Mac and Cheese (can we tell where my issues are? )

I remember nearly a year ago now, weighing much more than I do now...realizing that I had a food problem. Realizing that no matter what, I wasn't using the will power and peace of Christ like I should be. It was hard to come to terms with all that. I still have issues with food. I still just want to eat cookies and chocolate...and it's not that I can't, it's just that I need to keep it in check and really ask myself if I'm eating them for the right reasons.

I still catch myself sometimes and after I feel like, "why did I DO that!?!?"

The application step for today is to keep a notebook handy and when you find yourself craving food, write down why and then look to fix those issues.

Reflections:
Have I learned to let God satisfy my deepest needs?
What is one healthy choice I can make today?

I'm working on it. I am more content...learning to read the word and let it soak into me. Looking to just be in Him and let the rest just happen, not matter what that means. I've also found an appreciation for fasting that I never thought I'd have. God has given me such a peace lately. I think the daily devotion and the daily reading has helped tremendously. Putting myself in the word and letting myself feel God surround me.

I think I will have the fruit and yogurt instead of pancakes or a one eyed texan. Yup. Making the choice to eat the right foods and less craving of things I don't need. More reading in the word.

It's been an extended entry...but it's done. ;)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment