Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Daily Dose

Good almost afternoon! Two loafs of pumpkin bread, breakfast and a discussion with Dad have come and gone today.

Oh my...I need to really put this back as the very first thing I do. See, I told you that I get bad ;)

Today's devotion: Pondering and Peaceful

Scripture: Luke 2:51

This whole devo is really about Mary. We don't know much about her, she was the mother of Jesus, she was a wonderful woman and young, in our standards when she became a mother. Yet, through all this, she was God's servant. It's her first response. (as noted in the reading)

I'm convicted once again about my attitude toward my situation. I'm thankful, I just also find myself asking God why he hasn't changed it and wondering when He will. That's not really just trusting Him. I know He has a plan...as we all know. At this point though I still find myself wondering what's going on and why. I think to myself what I've done...if I've been like Israel in the book of Judges, doing wicked things just to cry out to God again to save me.

Do I really put myself fully into His hands for everything? I know I do when it comes to the curriculum that I want to put together. I know I do when it comes to other things...but when it comes to finances and the situation I'm in...I don't know if I do.

God, help me to rest in you and treasure everything you give me the way Mary did. She didn't really question, she just took everything and lived in it. I pray that I can just live. I can be in the moments and just live life the way you're giving it to me. Not worrying over why you're not or thinking how unfair it is. Father, I want to cherish the moments you're giving to me. The hard ones and the ones filled with laughter.

Now...on to some other stuff?

M

No comments:

Post a Comment