Monday, December 13, 2010

Good...afternoon! And on with the races!

Hello there my dears!

Today B went in at 9am. It was a little bit of a lazy morning. I got him fed, packed a lunch and sent him on his way to work. So, before we got out of bed, he asked, "what's on your list of things to do today?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! My husband...he's such a kidder. My reply?

Read my chapters for tomorrow
Do my devotional (yes in that order, we see how it goes otherwise)
Shower (where I do my BEST thinking)
Apply at AAA
Laundry
Set out the outline for lessons in the curriculum
Work up the youth program I'm working toward

I know I planned on eating. LOL I sit having started laundry, taken a shower, eaten (twice-ish) and done my reading. Gooooooo me! LOL

So, now it's time for the devotional right? Right! Jump to the next blog or stay here? Jump to the next blog or stay here?  

I'm comfy...so I'll just stay here ;)

Devotional today: Keeping It Simple, Isaiah 9:6

Oh goodness! What a great blog for me today. After just listing my things to do...I read about simplicity. This particular entry was about simplicity during Christmas time. To be completely honest, I've been stressed about getting everything done. Even with not working, I seem to find things to wear away the hours. I haven't finished all the Christmas presents that I wanted to make this year (and I started in August!), B and I have to figure out how to make all the bread he has on his list...and we still have to figure out the driving and what not for visiting family in LA over the break. Now, with all these things that are in my mental to do list and the ones hanging above these words...I'm struck by the fact that I've brought it on myself. I'm getting better at it, I will say that...but I'm just pushing too hard. I can and will get all the things done that I need to get done. I know this. The worry is unwarranted. I've spent more time listening to God, reading His word and applying it now, than I have in a long while...and though it doesn't add hours to my day, or weeks to my year...I find a way to get things done and have a better attitude for it.

I spent some truly wonderful time last night at the church Christmas party. Yes, a Christmas party, just like you would have with your family...with my church family. It was amazing. Jenn really has a gift and though there is the need to set up, shuffle and tear down after...it wasn't like the normal church get together. It was really a family setting. I haven't known them long...but there I was, like I had ALWAYS been part of the family. I should have stayed home was my first thought as Seth and I drove over to Clovis...but I didn't. I could have done the laundry, gotten farther on all the gifts that I'm doing...but I didn't. I went and spent time with a group of people that make it feel like home. Kids ran around the trees, dogs chased balls and sticks and all the adults were gathered in groups talking and laughing. When it came time to eat, we all piled up the plates and sat discussing this enchilada or that piece of fudge. Cakes, beans, brownies...it wasn't the over official feeling so many things can get. And I loved it.

I need to remember to keep it simple. I need to remember that my days are numbered and I need to use them for more than just my own ideas. Shouldn't I be working toward other ends?

And with those words, the washer stops :) Next load...with a little more perspective :)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment