Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Daily Dose

Good morning! Yes, it's early...B had to go to work at 4 this morning. No big!

Since I don't have my email yet from Proverbs31.org I will just write my own personal Wow God for today. In this season of celebration, B and I have had a few things happening. We're currently looking to be out on our own, with my income being an issue, we didn't see that happening. I labored with resumes and applications and saw nothing. I then was reminded that I need to be content first.

I started to go about my day seeking God first (that was what this partially was) and putting myself into the Word as much as I could (thank you Tuesday Connection group!). Being content and realizing that I just needed to learn that lesson again (and I'll probably have to learn it again and again and again)

When I rested in the Lord and looked to Him first, I began to see a change in my day to day and my attitude, and you may think I'm being silly, but I began to notice when I didn't do my reading and devotion first thing. If I didn't spend time with God one on one as the first priority to my day, I found myself stressing and doing all manner of things I just...didn't need to.

The reading has given me new depth of understanding of what the Jews went through and how much God really does love us.

The daily devotionals have convicted me more often than not about how narrow minded I can be, how disobedient and how just plain...human...but also that God loves me even in all my human errors.

B and I took a Crown Financial class through our church during the first couple months of our marriage (what am I saying, we're only coming up on 6 months now! lol) There is a whole week on being content, which then tells you that God has a lot to say about being content. It's an important practice that many people just don't get. I know it's hard to do and it's even harder to remember, but it quiets my soul and helps me remember what I'm doing here ya know?

The other benefit to being content is...you get to say that God's will is enough for you. I think we get too caught up in what we want and don't really put that thought first. When we become content, we aren't saying that we look forward to a brighter future and to the promises God has made, we are saying that whatever God has for us MUST be enough in this situation and time. That His plan and His timing truly is better than any timing we could have had. It's a very freeing and altogether scary idea though.

So, what are  you holding onto? What expectations have you been keeping and thinking are what you really need? I'll tell you what, do it for a week. Be really content and praise God for what you do have. It'll change your perspective.

God, thank you for the perspective you've given me in the past few weeks. Thank you for all the blessings I have and all the blessings you still have waiting for me. Help me to be content in you everyday. Help me to look to  you first and start my day out right. Amen.

K, so...an hour nap before getting ready for work? Oh yeah! lol

M

No comments:

Post a Comment