Friday, December 10, 2010

Here I am working again...

See? Can't you tell.

Working on the logistics portion of the hand out...not really liking what it's doing...but what are you going to do? I have the lesson for K-3 and Club 456 done :) Woohoo! God is good :)

Let us go over my check list:
Catch up on Tuesday Connection Group reading? Done! :)
Daily Devo? Done!
Logistics of handout for KQ/456? In Progress...

I just linked this here blog to my FB...it's a little frightening...but I think it'll be good for me :)

The story about yesterday is this:

Took B to work to see if I could find easy and inexpensive way to do the activity for KQ/456 - found ornament type stuffs for Dec 19th. Message to J to see if we would like to do it...wait. LOL He didn't see the message so I ended up hanging around Joann's. B also forgot his lunch so I ended up driving home, getting his lunch, driving back, driving home, eating my dinner (it was around 5pm), sit on here for a bit and then run back to pick him up.

At this point you're thinking, "Well, then she sat down and started reading." That may have happened if I were better at this game. At the moment, I am not win. Yes, I said I am NOT win. lol

I brought up Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution (if you have not seen this 6 episode series, GO TO YOUTUBE RIGHT NOW AND WATCH IT) It's amazing what a heart he has for healthy eating and kids. The things he went through to start this revolution. It's part of what has kept me eating right. I splurge sometimes, but in the end I eat a good portion of veg and what not that I might not continue to do did I not know how HORRIBLE it is for me. (Thank you to SparkPeople for the app for Blackberry and the website!)

So, I bring up this show and start to describe it to B. He gets interested and next thing I know, we're looking up the show and hooking up the lapity-topity box to the TV (because watching it on this screen is just not as epic) and watching all 6 episodes (until 12:30 mind you) and discussing the crazyness of school food.

It's an amazing little series of episodes and really does help you put into perspective what we put into our bodies.

Needless to say, I did not get much done by way of my reading. I remedied that this morning.

Today, we went to AAA to pay the membership up for a year and get the registration to the car! Yippee! We talked to Carlton, our agent, and he suggested that I look into work with AAA. Ok, I'll bite.

M: "But do they pay for my training classes and license?"
C: "Yes. And they give you a salary while you do that."
M: "Hmm...ok. What about leads? Do I work on my own?"
C: "You work out of the office and get leads from the phone and walk ins while learning how to cultivate your own leads from events.
M: "Oh...ok."
C: "Take my card, go to the website, look it over...and keep me in the loop."

Interesting no? So, what do we think? Yes? No?

WalMart Christmas party was tonight as well. Went with B, the little bro and Dad. It was DELICIOUS food. Oh man, it was filling but SO worth it. Tacos and burritos done right ;)

And...now to the most important part of the day! We found Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell II in the $5 bin! Yes, oh yes we did! I absolutely adore Meatloaf. I'm pretty sure he's my favorite EVER. Listening to the songs just brought back so many memories...and I knew them ALL. That's what happens when you wear out two tapes and get to the point where if you play the third one anymore you'll wear it out too. Meatloaf is the power ballad man. And if I didn't know better I'd say that half the songs are really good testimony to not look back. ;) But...that my just be me.

And here I am...typing away when there are pieces of sticky tape that will not be attaching themselves people! I am blessed ;) I have an amazing man (not quite snoring in the bed to my left), gently opening doors, a family that I wouldn't trade for anything, friends that forgive how horrible I am at keeping in contact and things that make my heart happy. How much more could a girl ask for really? ;)

Off I go, I need to do a few more things :)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment