Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ways to keep my thinking right

Sitting down to my morning devotional today. I had tried just kind of doing my own thing but realized that I needed the direction to start off with. I do the daily devotional from Proverbs31.com check them out. It's about being a Biblical woman and the devotions are great.

I'm also keeping a written journal with the devotionals each day. Not all things will make it onto this all too open surface known as my blog. If you want to talk in depth, I'm more than willing, otherwise I'll be keeping some things to myself ;)

Today: I have realized more than ever that I neeeeeeeed to do my devotion before just about anything else. LOL

The scripture is Luke 6:38 - As I read through this particular devotion I think back to last Sunday, the lesson I put together was on giving and sharing. So many scriptures are noted today about what God gave us...and in doing my Tuesday night study reading I realize just how much I fail sometimes. Maybe not at giving, though the Lord knows sometimes I have a very closed fist...but in the act of just obedience. The Jews were given SO many very specific rules. As a loving parent would give in rules to a child, God gave them rules and then reminded them what the consequences were, and then reminded them what the rules were....and so on :) He then gave us one very big rule. Love Him. With everything you are. Look for Him FIRST. Goodness I'm so guilty of not doing that. I get caught up with the fact that I 'need' to do this or 'need' that. In reality, I don't need anything but to be still and look for Him and what He's whispering in my ear...what He's been saying this entire time. He's given me so much and all He wants in return is for me to wait and listen to Him and seek Him.

The action steps for today? Merely to sit down for a moment and have a heart-to-heart with God, connect with THE Gift Giver. And for me, this means to do it before I let the rest of the day get ahead of me.


Reflection Questions: What gifts has God given me this year? Thank Him! What gifts do I need or desire from the Gift Giver this year? Ask Him!

Well, having gone through Crown Financial (which I highly recommend to everyone), I know that God guarantees to meet our needs...and plainly those are things like shelter and food. I have those things, though I find myself wanting for something other than what He's given me. I can't say that I need for B and I to have our own place, though that's definitely something that we both want very much. We want to start our own household...have our own room and be able to put together our home with all our things (which are currently sitting in storage). So, do I just pray that whatever God's will is, that it be done and to the fullest it can be? I have to give Him my total obedience and seek Him and what He wants FIRST. What does that look like? I mean, that's kind of a loaded question. I thought I was, wasn't I? Though I do know I was holding things back...what blessings did I keep from myself?

As for the blessings from this year? They are many! I got to spend time with my niece and helping my sister early in the year. I got to spend more time with my Dad than I have since I was a little girl and that is a major blessing (even if sometimes it causes a little bit of tension), I found myself moved from my comfort zone into a totally different area and found myself working. I was given the great gift of marrying a wonderful and God fearing man. B is the most amazing in times when I know I don't deserve it. I found myself again looking for work and though I had not been specific, He gave me another one...and showed me why specifics are so important. I'm working with the kids' ministry at church, something I and DEEPLY passionate about...even if I'm a little old school about it. I've found that Christian Education is a passion that burns inside me. I'm finding ways to allow people into my life without feeling like I'll just fall again...which is big for me. I don't trust many people with everything. Like I said...I have MANY blessings...and the year is not over.

Things I feel I need or desire? Our own place (that accepts animals too), it doesn't have to be big, one bedroom one bath would work just fine. An income from a rewarding source. I have a few things that are playing out and we'll just pray and see...but really, those are what I need. I know a lot of my stress comes from those two things. B has a job and he's trying to carry the full financial load...and that's just not going to cut it. I think I also need to pray that B has his gifts revealed to him, that they would come out and that he would be put into a position to use them. Success in the things He has placed on my heart would probably be another. I have an ache to create. To make a curriculum that ties BabyQuest all the way up to the Youth. To get a business up and going to help others acquire and use these pieces as well. Also, to get the health and beauty line going and the handmade stuffs as well (yes, stuffs, it's a technical term....you wouldn't understand ;) ).

Do I have too many wants? Next month will be 6 months of marriage with my wonderful husband...I'll be hopefully up and running on all sorts of things.

And now, I need to go get ready...what was that about seeking God first and before anything else pushes in? Oh yes, I need to do my reading...3 chapters in Joshua...hmm...after the ribbon? Ack! lol

Well, pray for me guys. I'll pray for you too. That you would take a deep look at the blessings you've had this year and then at what your NEEDS are for next year. ;)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment